For Part 1, please read HERE.
- God is real. I begged and begged and pleaded with Him to dream about her right after she died just so I could still feel some kind of closeness to her. It never happened. So why now?
- Why were we at my house? Why not her house?
- Why is she always in a rocking chair? What’s up with that?!
- Why is she smiling? Not to say my grandma was a scowler, but the majority of her expressions were NOT smiles.
- Is she still watching over me? Is that why I’m on the ground?
- Why was I so blunt with my thought to myself: Marrissa — your grandmother is dead. Why did I have to say it like that?
- WHY NOW???
This weekend, I laid out a master plan to set up a nonprofit organization that teaches young people about art and media careers, as an enrichment to the standard public/private school, curriculum. When I realized I needed a name for such a venture, the first that came to mind was, “Your Oyster, Inc.”
When I was a kid, my grandmother would always tell me the world was my oyster. And the moment I decided to start a nonprofit and name it for her, then I suddenly have a dream about her? Is that why she’s back?
To encourage me?
Well thank God because I am SO nervous about this thing. I mean seriously, God? First Taste and See, with a full time job, writing magazine articles, maintaining 2 blogs, co-publishing a comic book, conceptualizing multiple novels AND a nonprofit on top of all that?
I guess He’s preparing my testimony. Gotta admit, though. I’m still a little nervous.