I am, what they call, an overthinker. Often, I think WAY too much about little stuff that doesn’t matter to others. As a result of thinking on the thing WAY too much, I waste precious time that I could’ve spent executing whatever I was supposed to do. I then come to resent how much I think, and withdraw into “Analysis Paralysis” where I don’t do anything, because I thought about doing it already, and it was just too much, so I gave up.
This is a prime example of an overthinker’s (and oversharer’s) unfortunate situation:
Just now, I was laying on my bed, sick with the sniffles and a cough, and I was approached by 2 thoughts at the same time:
- Little voice A says to me, You need to go to the bathroom!
- Another little voice, B, says right after that (or maybe right before?), You need to blow your nose!
My mind instantly free-falls into the throes of so many subsequent thoughts at once:
- Which one do I do first?
- Do I blow my nose first, then go to the bathroom?
- Or do I go to the bathroom first, and then come back to the bed and blow my nose?
- Do I do them both at the same time? (Well that makes sense)
- What if there’s no toilet paper in the bathroom?
- I need to go to the store and buy more Kleenex.
- What else could I do besides go to the bathroom?
After having 7 simultaneous thoughts, I was simply EXHAUSTED, and continued to lay in the bed – no number one happened, and nose just continually stopped up. Share this post if you feel me!
Maybe I should join Overthinker’s Anonymous? I wonder if such a thing exists. I should Google it. If it doesn’t exist, I should start it. I wonder who would join such an organization? What would our motto be? Where would we meet?
See what I’m sayin’? And this is EVERYDAY LIFE!
Somebody pray for me.